Friday, November 04, 2005

Action Philosophers!

Action Philosophers #3
self-help for stupid ugly losers
by Fred Can Lente & Ryan Dunlavey

I meant I'd start today.
Anyway, I read this one really slow. Paid very close attention. Read many sections twice. Still, I don't understand Freud and Jung any better than I did going in. I found the personal anecdotes interesting (Freud would often faint under stress and pee himself when angry). I guess there is something about hidden messages in the mind conforming to age old myths that can cause hysteria, neuroses and perversion. But damn if I can make heads or tales of it. I liked the Joseph Campbell about how all cultures and religions tell essentially the same stories. And the "Hero's Journey Board Game" is a classic that will probably end up hanging on the walls of screenwriting students for generations to come. So, even though I didn't follow all of this, I love smart, original comics and Action Philosophers is that. I'll be buying every issue from now on.
www.actionphilosophers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home