Monday, October 24, 2005

Banana Sunday


Banana Sunday #3 by Root Nibot and Colleen Coover (Oni Press)

This is my favorite issue so far. Mostly because it focuses mostly on the romance between Kirby and Martin. They are such a sweet couple that you're really rooting for them as they go on their first date. But as soon as you see that Nickels and the monkeys are tagging along, you know the night is doomed. I really like how Martin stands up for Kirby in the face of some pretty harsh school bullying and the way he talks about Kirby making him feel "stupid" had me swooning. Next issue is the last of the series and I'm really hoping it ends with a kiss.

I'm less interested in the mystery of the talking monkeys but I'd love to see Go-Go, the banana loving ape, go nuts and take out all the mean girls in Kirby's class. I'm actually a little afraid for Nickels at the end of this issue. Nickels, come on, don't make Go-Go mad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home