Monday, October 24, 2005

Powers: Legends


Powers: Legends by Brian Michael Bendis And Michael Avon Oeming (Icon/Marvel)

Whenever people start bashing Brian Bendis for his work on Spiderman or the Advengers or some big Marvel crossover event, I just remember that he also write the best superhero comic in the world, Powers. I'm a total "wait for trade" guy when it comes to this title but every book blows away. This issue is about pilgrim's return to the force after the events of "The Sell-Outs". With the secret origin book, "Forever", in between that book and this one, I have to admit I was a little bit lost as to what was going on. This story is definitely deep in Powers continuity with lots of references to the first book which I probably read four years ago. I have no memory of who the Bug is or Calista for that matter. But the book dazzled me in every chapter with it's soapy, trashy, pulpy, superheroy goodness. And a great cliffhanger to boot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home